Be safe with Locksmith Double Bay!
When we think of safety, we always think about locks and alarm systems. We always want to be safe and protected together with our precious valuables and we do that by locking them in our house and other safe places. Sometimes we hire Locksmith Double Bay for their locksmith services.
It’s a good idea to think about home security, even if you are a renter or live in a condominium with a guard or in a gated community. Anyone can be a victim of theft, and if you are home when a burglar intrudes, the crime can escalate into something even more dangerous. So for the safety of your home, here are some Locksmith Double Bay ‘s simple tips for Security.
Locksmith Double Bay ‘s 5 Simple Tips for Home Security
Close and secure doors and windows
- Before going to bed at night and leaving the house during the day, be sure to always lock every door and windows. Be sure that there are no entry points while you are away; even the smallest entry point of your house can be used by criminals to enter in your house so a friendly reminder: do not forget to lock!
Don’t leave your keys outside the house
- Even if it’s a common thing to do to leave a spare key whether under your doormats, above door frames, under pots, rocks it is really not advisable to do that. No matter how tricky you think you are being in choosing a concealing spot, a burglar can find it. Thievery is what they do for a living so of course, they know all the tricks. If you’re really worried about losing your keys, you might want to consider having a biometric door lock.
Don’t temp burglars
- As much as possible do not do not display fancy items in plain sights such as big plasma TV, your fancy car, and jewelry. This will easily temp burglars and other people into committing crimes when they see it. If you have valuable cars in your garage, consider curtains for the windows so people can’t see in. Likewise, don’t place expensive (and portable) items right in front of bedroom or living room windows.
Keep your yard well lit
- The perfect time for burglars to attack is during the night, they take advantage of the dark as they hide behind shadows. To combat this, Install outdoor lights with motion- or heat-detecting sensors, so they will turn on at night when someone approaches the house. The backyard, front yard, and side yards should all have security lighting.
Change locks when moving into a new home
- A renter or not, it’s a good idea to have the door locks changed when you move into a new house or apartment. Unless you are moving into new construction, you have no idea of knowing how many keys have been made over the years that fit your door.
You really need to follow these tips if you want to be safe and secure. We are giving you these tips because we care about your security. If somehow the situation cannot be handled, you can call us anytime. We will be more than willing to help. Just call us at 0431 139 852 or visit us online.